About Sexy + Soul-full: A Woman’s Guide to Productivity
In her book, Sexy + Soul-full: A Woman’s Guide to Productivity, Tara Rodden Robinson, Ph.D., articulates why productivity is so much more then merely getting a lot done. In Sexy + Soul-full, Robinson debunks the outdated notion that being successful involves sacrificing what we hold dear. Instead, with grace and compassion, she stresses why it is important to make time for who and what we love, and then shows us how.
Robinson, a productivity expert, coach, and author, says, “We are surrounded by male-dominated theories on productivity, which measure success by what we accomplish. The Sexy + Soul-full definition is different: Success is measured by who we are and how much we are able to do the things that hold the most value for us.” For Robinson, that means spending time with her husband, her art, and an aging parent as well as coaching and deepening her connection to nature and her spirituality.
Because Robinson is an alchemist of time, she knows making time for what we love is possible. While we all have the same amount of days, hours, and minutes in our week, Robinson knows how to bend, stretch, and use time to our advantage. Following her model, we move our focus away from perceived limitations and, instead, see a world with unlimited possibilities and opportunities for growth, success, and happiness.
Robinson wrote Sexy + Soul-full to help women define productivity—and success—on their own, fully-feminine terms. She can speak on:
- The difference between male and female approaches to productivity.
- What it means to be an alchemist of time and how to become one.
- How to experience “enough” in every aspect of our lives, especially as it pertains to time.
- How to discover, or rediscover, what we love most and incorporate these loves into our daily lives.
- Why we might not be able to “have it all,” but we can make time for what we love and who we love most.
- Why being productive does not require us to choose between a career and our family, hobbies, or connection to spirit, or to over-extend ourselves.
- How to transform stress, impatience, and urgency into balance, ease, and equanimity.
Title: Sexy + Soul-full: A Woman’s Guide to Productivity
Author: Tara Rodden Robinson, Ph.D.
ISBN (softcover): 978-0-9964726-2-3
ISBN (ebook) 978-0-9964726-3-0
Format: paperback, 239 pages, 5.8″ x 8.75″
Retail price: $14.95
Publisher: St. Michael’s Press
Release date: March 25, 2016
Three Essential Points from Sexy + Soul-full:
- Sexy + Soul-full productivity is not about sacrificing your loves on the altar of your career. It’s about putting your loves first, unapologetically, and placing your work in support of those loves.
- When we are under the influence of the three destructive myths about time, we prioritize accomplishment over practically everything else and especially over self-care, our loved ones, rest, and play. Rejecting these myths is powerful because you will not only be freed to experience your time differently but you will be liberated in practically every other area of your life as well.
- Because life’s roller coaster ride is so variable, learning how to receive your results with grace is an essential skill. Rather than seeking external validation or recognition, you can embrace the understanding that you are perfectly capable of giving yourself approval, seeing yourself and what you do with love.
Tara Rodden Robinson, Ph.D., is a coach, author, and artist. She founded her coaching practice in 2006 when she left a career in academia. Before becoming a coach, she enjoyed a lively adventure as a biologist beginning in the Costa Rican rainforest. While pursuing her Ph.D. at the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign), she met and married her soul mate, ornithologist W. Douglas Robinson. Tara has published numerous papers on tropical birds and is the author of Genetics for Dummies (Wiley), now in its second edition. Before becoming a biologist, Tara earned her bachelor’s degree in nursing and she practiced critical care and surgical nursing for five years.
Tara’s mission is to empower, equip, and encourage individuals and organizations so that they are freed to better contribute their talents, strengths, and gifts to the world at large. In her book, Sexy + Soul-full: A Woman’s Guide to Productivity (2016; St. Michael’s Press), she teaches women how to make time for what they love.
Tara makes her home in Corvallis, Oregon, where she lives in a purple house surrounded by art. She finds joy in making mosaics, painting in mixed-media, binding books, practicing yoga, or hiking the forest trails with her husband and their dog, Rowdy.
When Tara Rodden Robinson, Ph.D., was twenty-eight years old, she dropped everything to move to Costa Rica where she fulfilled her dream of living and working in the rainforest. Since then, she’s earned a Ph.D. in biology, authored Genetics for Dummies, left academia to become an executive coach, and is now an internationally recognized expert in the field of personal productivity. As crazy as it sounds, she got interested in productivity because she was worried that she wasn’t living up to her potential. In her new book, Sexy + Soul-full: A Woman’s Guide to Productivity (2016; St. Michael’s Press), she teaches women how to make time for what they love. When she’s not coaching, teaching, or writing, you can find in her art studio making mosaics or hiking in the hills around Corvallis, Oregon, where she lives in a purple house with her husband and their dog.
Through her writing, courses, and art, Tara Rodden Robinson, Ph.D., empowers women to make time for their most heartfelt passions. In 2006, she left an adventurous career as a biologist to found her coaching practice. In her new book, Sexy + Soul-full: A Woman’s Guide to Productivity (2016; St. Michael’s Press), she teaches women how to make time for what they love. She blogs about living a Sexy + Soul-full lifestyle at www.tararobinson.com.