Sexy + Soul-full: A Woman’s Guide to Productivity
What if your to-do list began with this commitment: “I will give highest priority to what I love most.” Sounds radical, doesn’t it? If you’re like most women, you tend to over-commit, saying “yes” to everything – with family, work and other activities jostling for your attention. You hear the message that society expects you to do and have it all, yet you’re spread too thin. Whatever happened to your true self and authentic aspirations?
In Sexy + Soul-full: A Woman’s Guide to Productivity, Tara Rodden Robinson, Ph.D. teaches you the secrets of the alchemy of time. You will learn to convert scarcity into enough, urgency into ease and impatience into equanimity.
Sexy + Soul-full will guide you through examples, reflections and exercises designed to help you define productivity—and success—on your own fully feminine terms.
40-Days Forward: Your Journey to a Life of Abundance and Meaning
What if you could take a life-changing journey without ever leaving home?
In a series of beautifully illustrated daily exercises, 40-Days Forward: Your Journey to a Life of Abundance and Meaning guides you on a journey of reflection, planning, decision-making, and giving to create a path to a more fulfilling life. Each exercise is designed to be completed in a half hour or less, making it easy for you to fit each one into your day.
In the course of the 40-Days Forward journey, you’ll learn how to:
- Use tools like noticing, journaling, and reflection to gain greater self-awareness
- Apply active listening to deepen your relationships
- Explore your sense of purpose and what gives you energy to harness in pursuit your dreams
- Take stock of what you have and how you can share your gifts, talents, and appreciation with others
- Practice simple mindfulness training and contemplative approaches like lectio divina.
Whether you are searching for a new direction in your life or simply seeking a more fulfilling day-to-day, you ll enjoy these moments of reflecting on what it is to live a life of abundance and meaning.
Genetics for Dummies
Want to know more about genetics? This non-intimidating guide gets you up to speed on all the fundamentals and the most recent discoveries. Now with new and revised material, Genetics For Dummies, 2nd Edition gives you clear and accessible coverage of this rapidly advancing field.
From dominant and recessive inherited traits to the DNA double-helix, you get clear explanations in easy-to-understand terms. Plus, you’ll see how people are applying genetic science to fight disease, develop new products, solve crimes . . . and even clone cats.
- Covers topics in a straightforward and effective manner
- Includes coverage of stem cell research, molecular genetics, behavioral genetics, genetic engineering, and more
- Explores ethical issues as they pertain to the study of genetics