One of the ways I stay motivated is by following people whose work inspires me. Every morning, over breakfast, I visit blogs and websites, watch instructional videos, or read books. When I’m learning, I feel energized and that energy is the most reliable fuel for my creative engine.
As my knowledge grows, I not only want to create but I want to share what I know. And y’all, I know a lot. I have a rich resume of skills—artistic, technological, and business—that I’m aching to share.
So here’s my request: Tell me what you want to learn about. Here’s a few ideas I have floating around…give one of these a thumbs up or add your own suggestion to the list!
- How to choose your signature color palette
- Finding your artistic vocabulary
- How to use artistic influences to develop your own style
- Drawing realistic birds
- How to develop your brand as an artist
- Managing your time to maximize your creativity
Speaking of teaching, if you’re in the Corvallis area, I’m going to be offering a mixed-media workshop in January. Details coming soon!